Sunday, February 12, 2012

Whitney Houston found dead in bathtub, aged 48


It has been said that she may have drowned. No illegal drugs were found near her or in the hotel room but prescription pills were found near her. Staff found her exhibiting no signs of life. Paramedics tried to revive her but could not and pronounced her dead 20 minutes later at 3:55 p.m. on February 11 at the Beverley Hilton Hotel.

In the '80s and '90s she was one of the world's bestselling singers. Ms Houston had put up a long and devastating fight with drugs for many years. Police said there were "no obvious signs" of criminal intent in relation to her death.

Singer Mariah Carey said she was "heartbroken" on Twitter, referring to the death of Ms Houston. 

"My heartfelt condolences to Whitney's family and to all her millions of fans throughout the world.

"She will never be forgotten as one of the greatest voices to ever grace the earth," wrote Ms Carey.

Music producer Simon Cowell said, "There are so few people like her in the world. They are a rarefied breed, these are true superstar, legendary divas and I say divas in the nicest possible way. She had one of the greatest voices I have ever heard in my life, ever."

Singer Aretha Franklin said on Twitter,  "I just can't talk about it now, It's so stunning and unbelievable. I couldn't believe what I was reading coming across the TV screen. My heart goes out to Cissy, her daughter Bobby Kris, her family and Bobby."

Country singer Dolly Parton said in a statement, "Mine is only one of millions of hearts broken over the death of Whitney Houston.

"I will always be grateful and in awe of the wonderful performance she did on my song and I can truly say from the bottom of my heart, "Whitney, I will always love you. You will be missed."

No comments:

Post a Comment